(Initial Version - 2022/11/08)
We take reasonable steps to protect your privacy -
Net Service Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with us, including through any of our websites.
The simple version is this - we will protect your data as we would like ours to be protected, and will seek your permission before to disclosing it to third parties. We will not sell or lease your data to third parties (unless we sell the business, in which case the purchaser will need this data to continue to provide the services we are providing to you at the moment).
Our business is based in New Zealand, and we take our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 seriously. It goes without saying that we will not disclose data in ways not allowable under that act - however what we do goes further -
- We ensure data (including emails to us) are stored encrypted.
- We know our clients by name - If someone we don't recognize, or who is not specifically authorised looks for any information related to you, we will seek your verification before communicating with them.
- As much as practical we ensure any data stored about you is encrypted (this includes encrypting email at rest and the entirety of our customer management system - including logs and backups. Our general website is not encrypted at rest, however access to these servers is monitored and highly restricted)
What data we collect and how we use it
- We do log some of our calls, and the majority of our emails (both in and outbound) are archived.
- We log web page requests. There is an amount of tracking that is required (ie Cookies) for the web to work, and when you are logged into our portal we extensively log what actions you take.
- We may inspect any email sent through our system. We need to do this to manage our mail system, including our spam filters and tracing any mail delivery issues. To the extent possible we try to minimize the amount of email we actually look at.
- This website may use Google Ads’ free conversion tracking features and Microsoft Advertising Tracking on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page may need to have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page. To the extent practical we avoid the use of these services as it makes our skin crawl - unfortunately it is sometimes the only practical solution. We encourage you to use ad-blockers and reach out directly to us to limit this.
- We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
To fulfill your requests for services.
To protect ourselves from liability.
To respond to legal process or comply with law, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
We may occasionally need to update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us.